Even if you don’t have a single penny to spend, Logos Bible Software is still your choice. In fact, Faithlife regularly gives away books for nothing. That way a lot of people build a beautiful library over time without spending even a single penny! These are not worthless cheap resources, but often high quality literature. And the software helps you to utilize those free resources when you study God’s Word.
Therefore make sure you download as many free books as possible.
Where Do You Find Those Free Resources?
- Logos: Free Book of the Month
- Faithlife: Free Book of the Month
- Verbum: Free Catholic Book of the Month
- At the Logos website – sort the books by ‘Price (lowest first)’
- Don’t forget to enter your date of birth in your Faithlife account! After doing so Faithlife will send you a $20 coupon in the month of your birthday, to spend as you wish!
The titles below are offered by Faithlife for free and already worth stepping into Logos. Please notice that this is only a selection of highlights:
- Faithlife Study Bible (FSB)
Thousands and thousands of study notes and tens of full-color, high resolution infographics (see example on the right)
- Lexham Bible Dictionary (LBD)
Dictionary with more than 7000 entries on biblical terms
- English Standard Version (ESV) met audio
Audio version of a modern literal version of the English Bible
- mEd LT271: Logos training applied to Jonah 1
Bible Study Training using Jonah 1, demonstrating the most important features of Logos Bible Software
- R.C. Sproul, Crucial Questions Series
28 little apologetic booklets, written from a Reformed perspective
- John Piper: 23 (audio) sermons on Galatians
Sermon Series on Galatians
- The SBL Greek New Testament
Greek source text of the New Testament
- Brown-Driver-Briggs, The Abridged BDB Hebrew-English Lexicon
Abridged dictionary Hebrew-English
- Codex Bezae & Codex Sinaiticus
Transcription of two important Greek manuscripts: of the Old (Sinaiticus) and of the New Testament (Sinaiticus and Bezae)
- Duke Databank of Documentary Papyri
Extensive collection of Greek papyri, with a ton of information on New Testament time and culture
- Perseus Classics Collection
Giant collection of Greek and Roman literature, presented in both the original (Greek / Latin) language and in (English) translation.